Recall- Ertiga, Ciaz & XL6 Petrol
- Q1. Is my car applicable for this recall activity?
Customers of suspected vehicles can visit the company website www.marutisuzuki.com (Important Customer Info tab) and fill the chassis number (MA3 followed by 14 digit alpha-numeric number) on the computer screen to check if their vehicle needs ant attention. The chassis number is embossed on the vehicle ID plate is also in the vehicle invoice / registration documents.
- Q2. What is the purpose of this recall?
Check and faulty Motor Generator Unit (MGU) Assy.
- Q3. What is the purpose of the part in the vehicle?
It acts as alternator during normal operation & as a motor during power assist.
- Q4. What parts are required to be replaced in the car?
Motor Generator Unit would be required to be replaced in your car.
- Q5. What will happen if these parts are not replaced? Is this mandatory to get the vehicle attended?
Malfunctioning may occur with usage and this may lead to Short circuit in some cases.
Q- Can there be fire?
R- In rare case, yes.
- Q6. Is this recall related to safety of vehicle / occupants?
Yes, it is related to safety aspect.
- Q7. I am busy as of now, would come at a later date, Can I drive the car without attention till then?
No, you are advised to bring your vehicle to nearest authorised dealer workshop for inspection.
- Q8. What is the solution for customer if it is advised not to drive the car?
Please visit our dealer workshop.
- Q9. When I can visit for attention of the car?
You are advised to visit nearest authorised dealer workshop immediately.
- Q10. How long it will take to rectify the car?
It will take 4-5 hours for this repair activity provided you have taken pre-appointment for the visit.
- Q11. If the parts are not available, why announcement has been made by the company?
Since it is a safety related issue, hence to avoid any safety concerns for our valued customers, we have made the announcement.
- Q12. By when would the parts be available for replacement?
Replacement parts shall be made available at the earliest and informed to you.
- Q13. How would I know that parts are now available and I can send car for attention?
We shall intimate you as soon as possible.
- Q14. If something happens after part replacement, what is the guarantee that nothing will happen again?
Vehicle shall be attended as per terms of warranty.
- Q15. If customer reports for fire in the vehicle before car getting attended, what to be replied in such case?
Fire can happen due to many external reasons. We shall inspect the vehicle and let you know.